This year, I want to finish some books that I started in 2017 and never finished. I want to read some more fantasy and weird stuff. Keep reading my favorite manga. Here is a small list of books I hope to add to my "I've read it" list and Goodreads challenge:
- The Weird: A Compendium of Strange and Dark Stories, ed. Jeff Vandermeer
- Best American Fantasy, ed. Jeff Vandermeer
- Haikyuu!! Volume 29. THE TWINS! Karasuno faces a rough challenge in the Nationals Volleyball Tournament, by Haruichi Furudate
- James Tiptree, Jr.: The Double Life of Alice B. Sheldon, by Julie Phillips. One of sci fi's greatest award-winning authors from the early days had a big secret: he was actually a she.
- Bad Feminist, by Roxanne Gay. I have been wanting to read this for a long time.
- Archivist Wasp, by Nicole Kornher-Stace. Excellent and weird take on ghosts and ghost-hunting.
- The Signalman, by Charles Dickens
- The Machine Stops, by E.M. Forster. This and Dickens because I have heard that both are strange little stories. Forster's tale is the only science fiction he ever wrote.
- Collected Stories, by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez.
- The Mad Ship and Fool's Assassin (#1 in the Fitz and the Fool trilogy), by Robin Hobb (my Robin Hobb obsession will continue).
- 19 Days, by Old Xian. Boy's love web comic of a high school boy trying to get out of the friend zone with his best friend. Hilarious and fun and positive. Chinese addition to my yaoi studies. Not really a book but my weekly web comic obsession.
- Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn), by Mizuho Kusanagi. Shojo (romance) adventure of an exiled princess and the dragon warriors who offer their lives for her.
What's on your 2018 reading list?