At the precipice of such a year that many of us (too many of us) are side-stepping and crab-shuffling to the front of the line (while social distancing, of course) to jump madly off the edge hoping to land into a much better year.
I hope we do. I hope we survive the train wreck that was 2020. I hope we are not getting our hopes to wildly "up." Common sense would say that this year could be somewhat worse, since the pandemic shows no weakening. We have vaccines. I hope they are good vaccines and I hope that the majority of people get them. I know some won't. That's an issue of independent idealism (at least in the US) that won't be rectified anytime soon.
I also hope that my friends and family will make it through the beginning of 2021 with hearts emboldened, because surely any good from 2021 will not happen right away and to believe it will is folly. I still hope the needed good things come to everyone as soon as possible. We've all suffered quite enough. I am heartened that we are getting rid of the orange goblin in chief, but I'm not certain a centrist will make it much better. Well, got to be better than it has been. I hope he does well and LISTENS to the people who put him there. I am glad to have lived long enough to have seen a woman rise to second-in-chief. I wish her the best of luck. I hate to admit that she will need it against the rampant sexism in this country, but she will need it.
On a positive note, 2021 is the Year of the Ox in the Chinese zodiac...and oxen are known for powering through. I hope we all get a little "bullish" spirit to help us along the way.
As for goals and resolutions, please be kind to yourselves. Don't put too much of a burden on yourselves while we struggle to get through these trying times. My list is very short this year.
- Survive and live to see another year through.
- Love people more.
- Continue to "fight for people I do not know."
- Finish and publish my e-book of published spec-fic stories & poems.
- Finish my novel.
- Get healthier (stay with the "no sugar plan").
- Read more good books. (New Murderbot book coming so that one will be easy).
- Hug my girlfriend and our kitty cats more.
- Kiss more too.
- Learn guitar and make a stab at learning music.
- Finish some stories. Plan more on upcoming books, incl.a sequel to "Dr Fountainbrew."
- Survive and live to see another year through by loving and fighting and writing and making joyful music.
- Breathe deep...meditate...be a better person than my yesterday's self.
I know that's a lot of goals for my plate. But I promise to take them in stride and at a reasonable pace. I hope all my friends and fam do the same.