Last years goals were a mixture of health and success (academic, financial, and writing) related objectives. I began walking more. Even though I haven’t seen the results of all that walking in much weight loss, I will continue to try hard with my exercise. I also graduated Summa Cum Laude with my Bachelors Degree from the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, and that was an unexpected plus for the year.
So where do we go from here? Well…here is everything I hope to accomplish in the coming year.
- Get some more hours at either job whenever I can. I need the money for taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and applying to graduate programs.
- Pass the GRE (get brushed up on the maths and nail this thing in one go!)
- Apply to the 5-6 graduate programs I’m interested in.
- Blog more. It’s not that I didn’t blog much in 2015. I did a helluva lot of blogging last semester for my Senior Portfolio class. So I have some posts to steal from there to make up for lost time. But I also need to blog fresh good stuff on here.
- Read more. I read 126 books in 2015. My goal was 75. I would like to set a goal higher than 126 for 2016 and blow that one sky high as well.
- Get the few completed short stories I have sitting around edited and in decent shape for submitting to magazines.
- GET PUBLISHED BIG TIME IN 2016! That means a decently paying market.
- Write more. Now that I’m not writing for academia anymore, I would like to start making sweet words with my muse again. We have missed one another.
- Keep walking. Try to finally invest in a stationery bike or look at getting a membership at the City Gym I pass by every day. I need to get really in shape if I expect to be cruising big-ass campuses like Florida State or Iowa or USF Tampa.
- Keep breathing. That's very important.
That’s it, really. I’m sure there are other things I need to do, but I’ll deal with all that stuff as we roll along.
As for you all, I hope you manage to slay your 2016 Resolutions List like the bosses you are.
Peace and Joy and Love.